- the administering of justice
- the position, functions, or legal power of a judge
- the extent of legal power of a judge or court of law; jurisdiction
- a court of law
- judges or courts of law collectively
Origin of judicatureMiddle French from Medieval Latin judicatura from Classical Latin judicare: see judge, transitive verbintransitive verb
- Administration of justice.
- The position, function, or authority of a judge.
- The jurisdiction of a law court or judge.
- A court or system of courts of law.
Origin of judicatureMedieval Latin iūdicātūra from feminine future participle of Latin iūdicāre to judge ; see judge .
judicature - Legal Definition
- The administration of justice via a court system.
- The judges serving in such a court system.
- The office and duties of a judge.