joiner definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that joins
- a worker who constructs and finishes interior woodwork, as doors, molding, or stairs
- ☆ Informal a person given to joining various organizations
Origin: Middle English joinour ; from Old French joignour ; from joindre: see join
joiner definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A carpenter, especially a cabinetmaker.
- Informal A person given to joining groups, organizations, or causes.