- The definition of Italian is relating to Italy.
An example of something Italian is pizza.
- Italian is defined as a person from Italy, or the culture or language of Italy.
An example of an Italian is Christopher Columbus.
Delicious Italian food.
Italian definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English ; from Classical Latin Italianus ; from Italia
- a person born or living in Italy
- the Romance language spoken in Italy
Italian definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A native or inhabitant of Italy.b. A person of Italian descent.
- The Romance language of the Italians and an official language of Switzerland.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin Italiānus, from Italia, Italy.