- The definition of Italian is relating to Italy.
An example of something Italian is pizza.
- Italian is defined as a person from Italy, or the culture or language of Italy.
An example of an Italian is Christopher Columbus.
Delicious Italian food.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Origin: Middle English from Classical Latin Italianus from Italia
- a person born or living in Italy
- the Romance language spoken in Italy
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. A native or inhabitant of Italy.b. A person of Italian descent.
- The Romance language of the Italians and an official language of Switzerland.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin Italiānus, from Italia, Italy.