- an introverting or being introverted
- Psychol. an attitude in which one directs one's interest to one's own experiences and feelings rather than to external objects or other persons
- a tendency to be introspective and socially retiring
Origin of introversionModern Latin introversio, coined by C. G. Jung ; from intro-, intro- + versio: see version
- The act or process of introverting or the condition of being introverted.
- Psychology The direction of or tendency to direct one's thoughts and feelings toward oneself.
(usually uncountable, plural introversions)