- Interstate is defined as between or among states.
An example of something interstate is trade between two states; interstate commerce.
- The definition of an interstate is one highway in a network of highways that connect the 48 connected United States.
An example of an interstate is I-80.
A sign pointing to an interstate highway.
- (chiefly US and Australia) of, or relating to two or more states
- (chiefly US and Australia) crossing states (usually provincial state, but also e.g. multinational sense).
- The truck driver drove interstate to unload.
- (US) A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System