- Interstate is defined as between or among states.
An example of something interstate is trade between two states; interstate commerce.
- The definition of an interstate is one highway in a network of highways that connect the 48 connected United States.
An example of an interstate is I-80.
A sign pointing to an interstate highway.
between or among states esp. of the U.S.: interstate commerce
one of a network of U.S. highways connecting the 48 contiguous states
Involving, existing between, or connecting two or more states.
One of a national system of expressways connecting major population centers in the United States.
- (chiefly US and Australia) of, or relating to two or more states
- (chiefly US and Australia) crossing states (usually provincial state, but also e.g. multinational sense).
- The truck driver drove interstate to unload.
- (US) A freeway that is part of the Interstate Highway System