interpenetrate[in′tər pen′ə trāt′]
interpenetrate definition by Webster's New World
transitive verb interpenetrated, interpenetrating
- to penetrate thoroughly; pervade; permeate
- to penetrate (each other) reciprocally or mutually
- to penetrate each other
- to penetrate between parts, etc.
interpenetrate definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb in·ter·pen·e·trat·ed, in·ter·pen·e·trat·ing, in·ter·pen·e·trates verb, intransitive
To become mixed or united by penetration: planes that interpenetrate in a painting.verb, transitive
- To penetrate reciprocally: The streams interpenetrate each other at the rapids.
- To penetrate thoroughly; permeate or pervade.