- to penetrate thoroughly; pervade; permeate
- to penetrate (each other) reciprocally or mutually
- to penetrate each other
- to penetrate between parts, etc.
verbin·ter·pen·e·trat·ed, in·ter·pen·e·trat·ing, in·ter·pen·e·trates
To become mixed or united by penetration: planes that interpenetrate in a painting.
- To penetrate reciprocally: The streams interpenetrate each other at the rapids.
- To penetrate thoroughly; permeate or pervade.
(third-person singular simple present interpenetrates, present participle interpenetrating, simple past and past participle interpenetrated)
inter- + penetrate