- The type of language produced by nonnative speakers when learning another language.
- A lingua franca.
- A language created by students of a foreign language, incorporating aspects of their own language, a mixed language.
- Trasyanka and Surzhyk are interlanguages - a Belarusian-Russian and Ukrainian-Russian mixed languages.
- A lingua franca, a common language used by speakers of different languages.
- Latin used to be the European interlanguage. Currently English widely serves this purpose.
- A pidgin, a creole
inter- +"Ž language