- the act or an instance of intercepting
- Football a play in which a defensive player catches a pass thrown by an offensive player
- The act of intercepting or the state of being intercepted: the interception of goods being smuggled.
- Something, such as a missile, an aircraft, or a radio transmission, that is intercepted.
- Sports A pass that is intercepted, especially a forward pass in football.
- The process in which water falling as precipitation is slowed or prevented from reaching the ground by vegetation, as when snow accumulates in the forest canopy.
From Old French interception, from Latin interceptio