- the act or an instance of intercepting
- Football a play in which a defensive player catches a pass thrown by an offensive player
- The act of intercepting or the state of being intercepted: the interception of goods being smuggled.
- Something, such as a missile, an aircraft, or a radio transmission, that is intercepted.
- Sports A pass that is intercepted, especially a forward pass in football.
- The process in which water falling as precipitation is slowed or prevented from reaching the ground by vegetation, as when snow accumulates in the forest canopy.
- An act of intercepting something, the state of being intercepted, or a thing that is intercepted.
- (American football) A passing play where the ball is received by the opposing team.
- (rugby) a pass that is intercepted by an opposing player.