interception definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or an instance of intercepting
- Football a play in which a defensive player catches a pass thrown by an offensive player
interception definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of intercepting or the state of being intercepted.
- Something, such as a missile, an aircraft, or a radio transmission, that is intercepted.
- Sports A pass that is intercepted, especially a forward pass in football.