- that cannot be used up or emptied
- that cannot be tired out; tireless
The definition of inexhaustible is something that cannot be used up, or has limitless energy.
An example of inexhaustible is energy captured and stored from the sun.
that cannot be exhausted; specif.,
- That cannot be entirely consumed or used up: an inexhaustible supply of coal.
- Never wearying; tireless: an inexhaustible campaigner.
- in′ex·haust′i·bil′i·ty in′ex·haust′i·ble·ness
- On these lines the future of anatomical study presents almost inexhaustible possibilities.
- An inexhaustible intellectual energy and curiosity lay beneath this amiable surface.
- The river highways bring down inexhaustible supplies of rice to Moulmein, the chief town of the district, as also of the province of Tenasserim.
- Their alluvial valleys yield inexhaustible supplies of rice, which the abundant water carriage brings down to the port of Akyab at a very cheap rate.
- The researches of later years have demonstrated that a still more inexhaustible supply of nitrogen is made available by the nitrogen-fixing bacteria of the soil.