- Present participle of index.
(countable and uncountable, plural indexings)
- A system used to assign indexes.
- In zero-based indexing, array variables in a computer program are numbered upwards from zero.
indexing - Computer Definition
(1) Creating tables (indexes) that point to the location of folders, files and records. Depending on the purpose, indexing identifies the location of resources based on file names, key data fields in a database record, text within a file or unique attributes in a graphics or video file. See index, indexed search and desktop search.
(2) Creating timing signals based on detecting a mark, slot or hole in a moving medium.