- Incidentally is defined as a new, but related, point or something that is less important.
- An example of incidentally is when you discover that someone is pregnant only because you are conducting a medical exam for something else and happen to check for pregnancy.
- An example of incidentally is what you might say to your friend after you have just made the point that your friend is always late; "Incidentally, you were an hour late today."
- in an incidental manner; as something less important but associated
- as a new but related point; by the way
- As a minor or subordinate matter: by profession a lawyer and incidentally a musician.
- Apart from the main subject; parenthetically.
(comparative more incidentally, superlative most incidentally)
- (in an incidental manner): inevitably, certainly