- The definition of accidentally is something that happens by mistake or without intent.
Two friends bumping into each other in a public park when they hadn't set up a date is an example of accidentally meeting.
Variant of accidental
- happening by chance; fortuitous
- belonging but not essential; attributive; incidental
- Music of an accidental
Origin: Middle English ; from Late Latin accidentalis: see accident
- a nonessential quality or feature
- a sign, as a sharp, flat, or natural, placed before a note to show a change of pitch from that indicated by the key signature
- the tone indicated by such a sign
- accidentally adverb