- The definition of implode is to collapse or burst inward.
- When a country suffers a sudden economic or political collapse, this is an example of when the country implodes.
- When a bomb goes off outside and a building collapses inward, this is an example of when it implodes.
A building implodes.
implode definition by Webster's New World
- to cause to burst or collapse inward
- Phonet. to articulate by implosion
Origin: ; from in- plush (ex)plode
implode definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb im·plod·ed, im·plod·ing, im·plodes verb, intransitive
- To cause to collapse inward violently.
- To demolish (a building) by causing to collapse inward.
Origin: in-2 + (ex)plode.
implode - Computer Definition
To link component pieces to a major assembly. It may also refer to compressing data using a particular technique. Contrast with explode.