- The definition of impalpable is something that cannot be understood easily, or something that can't be physically touched.
- The meaning of life is something that would be described asimpalpable.
- A spirit is an example of something that would be described asimpalpable.
impalpable definition by Webster's New World
- that cannot be felt by touching
- too slight or subtle to be grasped easily by the mind
Origin: French ; from Midieval Latin impalpabilis: see in- and amp; palpable
impalpable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not perceptible to the touch; intangible.
- Difficult to perceive or grasp by the mind.
- im·palˌpa·bilˈi·ty noun
- im·palˈpa·bly adverb