- The definition of impalpable is something that cannot be understood easily, or something that can't be physically touched.
- The meaning of life is something that would be described asimpalpable.
- A spirit is an example of something that would be described asimpalpable.
- that cannot be felt by touching
- too slight or subtle to be grasped easily by the mind
Origin: Fr from Midieval Latin impalpabilis: see in- and amp; palpable
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not perceptible to the touch; intangible.
- Difficult to perceive or grasp by the mind.
- im·palˌpa·bilˈi·ty noun
- im·palˈpa·bly adverb