impalpable[im pal′pə bəl]
- The definition of impalpable is something that cannot be understood easily, or something that can't be physically touched.
- The meaning of life is something that would be described asimpalpable.
- A spirit is an example of something that would be described asimpalpable.
- that cannot be felt by touching
- too slight or subtle to be grasped easily by the mind
Origin of impalpableFrench ; from Medieval Latin impalpabilis: see in- and amp; palpable
- Not perceptible to the touch; intangible.
- Difficult to perceive or grasp by the mind.
(comparative more impalpable, superlative most impalpable)
From Middle French impalpable, from Medieval Latin impalpabilis. See im- + palpable.