illuminator[i lo̵̅o̅′mə nāt′ər]
The sun is an illuminator.
a person or thing that illuminates; specif.,
- any apparatus or device for giving, concentrating, or reflecting light
- one who decorates manuscripts, etc.
Origin of illuminatorEcclesiastical Late Latin an enlightener
- One that illuminates, especially a device for producing, concentrating, or reflecting light.
- One who illuminates manuscripts or other objects.
- Agent noun of illuminate; one who illuminates; an explainer.
- An artist who adds illustrations and decorations to illuminated manuscripts.