- Idiosyncrasies are defined as unique personality traits or mannerisms.
An example of idiosyncrasies is the list of special needs for a demanding pet.
- plural form of idiosyncrasy
Variant of idiosyncrasy
- the temperament or mental constitution peculiar to a person or group
- any personal peculiarity, mannerism, etc.
- an individual reaction to a drug, food, etc. that is different from the reaction of most people
Origin of idiosyncrasyClassical Greek idiosynkrasia ; from idio-, one's own, peculiar (see idio-) + synkrasis, a mixing together, tempering ; from synkerannynai, to mix together ; from syn-, together + kerannynai, to mix ; from Indo-European an unverified form ere-, to mix from source rare, German rühren, to stir