- Human resources are defined as the people employed by a company or the department in a company in charge of hiring, training, benefits and records.
An example of human resources is the department you would speak with to get more information about employee benefits.
human resources definition by Webster's New World
human resources definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- (used with a pl. verb) The persons employed in a business or organization; personnel.
- (used with a sing. verb) The field of personnel recruitment and management.
human resources - Business Definition
- The individuals and their associated skills and knowledge that are available to a business or other entity. Also called personnel.
- In economics, labor that is used as a factor of production.
human resources - Computer Definition
The fancy word for "people." The human resources department within an organization, years ago known as the "personnel department," manages the administrative aspects of the employees.