- done, taken, or happening every hour
- completed or happening in the course of an hour: the hourly output
- reckoned by the hour: hourly wage
- frequent or continual: to live in hourly dread
- once an hour; every hour
- with frequency
- Occurring every hour: hourly chimes.
- Frequent; continual: hourly changes in the plans.
- By the hour as a unit: hourly pay.
- At or during every hour: The news is broadcast hourly.
- Frequently; continually: complaints that came hourly.
nounpl. hour·lies Informal
An employee paid by the hour.
- At intervals of an hour.
- Express buses depart hourly.
- Something produced each hour.
- She never reads her hourly report, but let her hourlies be fifteen minutes late and she raises a ruckus.
hour + -ly