- done, taken, or happening every hour
- completed or happening in the course of an hour: the hourly output
- reckoned by the hour: hourly wage
- frequent or continual: to live in hourly dread
- once an hour; every hour
- with frequency
See hourly in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Occurring every hour: hourly chimes.
- Frequent; continual: hourly changes in the plans.
- By the hour as a unit: hourly pay.
noun pl. hour·lies Informal
- At or during every hour: The news is broadcast hourly.
- Frequently; continually: complaints that came hourly.
An employee paid by the hour.
Learn more about hourly