- having or covered with a hood
- shaped like a hood; cucullate
- with the eyelids partly closed: hooded eyes
- having the head different in color from the body
- having a crest like a hood
- capable of expanding the skin at each side of the neck by movements of the ribs: said as of the cobra
- Covered with or having a hood.
- Shaped like a hood, cowl, or similar covering.
- Zoology a. Having coloration or a crest suggesting a hood.b. Having elastic skin at the neck that, when distended, resembles a hood, as that of a cobra.
- simple past tense and past participle of hood