See also honey bee.
or honey bee
Any of several social bees of the genus Apis that produce honey and are native to Eurasia and Africa, especially A. mellifera, widely domesticated as a source of honey and beeswax and often kept in hives.
- For children who have a known allergy to the venom of honeybees, parents need to use caution (and consult with a physician) before using any honeybee products.
- Local Harvest, a site which specializes in natural and locally sourced foods, sells honeybee pollen granules in 8 ounce, one pound, and two pound bags.
- After stinging, the honeybee normally leaves its barbed stinger in its victim, and then the bee dies.
- The majority of honeybee stings occur on the bottom of the foot when a child steps on the bee.
- Honeybee Gardens carries a selection of organic products for the face and body.