homoplastic[hō′mō plas′tik, häm′ō-]
homoplastic definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with homoplasy
- derived from a member of the same species, as a graft
Origin: homo- plush -plastic
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- homoplastically adverb
homoplastic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or exhibiting homoplasy.
- Of, relating to, or derived from a different individual of the same species: a homoplastic graft.
- hoˌmo·plasˈti·cal·ly adverb
homoplastic - Medical Definition
Of, relating to, or derived from another individual of the same species, as of a tissue graft.