designating or of a tall apartment house, office building, etc. of many stories
a high-rise building
- a. Relating to or being a tall building that is equipped with elevators and usually has at least six stories: a high-rise apartment building.b. Having or characterized by high-rise buildings: a high-rise district.
- Relating to or being a bicycle with small wheels, high handlebars, and often a banana-shaped seat.
- Of or relating to pants with a waistline that rests well above the hips.
nounor high rise
- A high-rise building.
- A high-rise bicycle.
- Alternative spelling of high-rise.
- Although the cheapest locations do not provide beachfront villas or high-rise penthouses, there are many wonderful places to spend your golden years that offer the things you want in your retirement, and are affordable.
- Consider how she may go on in life to inspire others who have suffered personal tragedies and eventually use her compassion and inspirational words to talk a suicidal man off the ledge of a high-rise.
- The Hallmark is a high-rise building with most apartments boasting spectacular views of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan.
- Of course, there are downtown high-rise residences in the city, along with suburban residential areas filling in all around.
- On the high-rise of Brody's apartment, Gary is eliminated while the rest of them are washed off by bikini-clad girls.