Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a covering for the head, esp. a protective covering; helmet
- the head; mind; intellect
- Printing an ornamental design at the beginning of a chapter or top of a page
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A protective covering for the head.
- A set of headphones; a headset.
- See headstall.
- An ornamental design, especially at the top of a page.
- The seat of intelligence; brains.