- a member of any of certain primitive peoples that remove the heads of slain enemies and preserve them as trophies
- ☆ Slang an agent or agency specializing in the recruitment of executive or highly skilled personnel
- A savage who cuts off the heads of his enemies, and preserves them as trophies.
- One who recruits senior personnel for a company.
- She was the best headhunter they had ever seen.
- (baseball) A pitcher who throws at the batter's head.
- Thankfully, there aren't many headhunters in the modern game.
- (ice hockey) A player who uses a hockey stick to attempt to strike an opponent's head.
- He is known as a goon and a headhunter.