- The definition of hands-on is to be involved with and do something on your own, taking an active role.
- An example of a hands-on parent is one who volunteers and is in the PTA.
- An example of a hands-on project is one that requires you to get involved and learn and do the tasks necessary.
hands-on definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- designating or of training, an activity, etc. in which a person actively participates by design
- designating or of a manager, administrator, etc. who intervenes or otherwise actively participates in the execution of a task or activity
hands-on definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Involving active participation; applied, as opposed to theoretical: “We're involved in hands-on operations, pulling levers, pushing buttons” (Arthur R. Taylor).