- designating or of training, an activity, etc. in which a person actively participates by design
- designating or of a manager, administrator, etc. who intervenes or otherwise actively participates in the execution of a task or activity
- An example of a hands-on parent is one who volunteers and is in the PTA.
- An example of a hands-on project is one that requires you to get involved and learn and do the tasks necessary.
The definition of hands-on is to be involved with and do something on your own, taking an active role.
Involving active participation; applied, as opposed to theoretical: “We're involved in hands-on operations, pulling levers, pushing buttons” ( Arthur R. Taylor )
- Lied Children's Discovery Museum - This interactive museums features two floors and 25,000 sq. feet of activities, displays, and hands-on activities, with exhibits including "Desert Discovery," "Boulder mountain," and "Desert in the Dark".
- Students in the basic program will complete courses and participate in hands-on training opportunities that cover dog grooming, bathing, styling skills and techniques as well as how to properly use and care for pet grooming equipment.
- Massage therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, consisting primarily of manual (hands-on) techniques such as applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and moving muscles and body tissues.
- Kids are so accustomed to instant gratification through TV programs, computer and video games, and other technology that it's hard to reprogram them to enjoy arts and crafts, board games, and other hands-on activities.
- In the US, Securitas trains officers with a unique blend of classroom, hands-on training, on the job placement shadowing, a mentoring program, focused self-study and e-learning using the Securitas e-learning platform.