Use hammertoe in a sentence
- a condition in which the first joint of a toe is permanently bent downward, resulting in a clawlike deformity
- such a toe
A toe, usually the second, that is permanently flexed downward, resulting in a clawlike shape.
- (uncountable) A medical condition where a toe is permanently bent down.
- The woman wore special orthopedic shoes to try and alleviate her hammertoe.
- (countable) A toe suffering from such condition.
- My sister has hammertoes on both feet and consequently avoids the family hiking expeditions.