largest of the Mariana Islands, in the W Pacific: an unincorporated territory of the U.S.: 209 sq mi (541 sq km); cap. Agana: abbrev. GU
An unincorporated territory of the United States, the largest and most southerly of the Mariana Islands in the western Pacific Ocean. Inhabited since ancient times by the Chamorro people, Guam was visited by Magellan in 1521 and ceded by Spain to the United States in 1898. Agana is the capital.x
From the first letters of the member states.
- The WASC accredits colleges and universities in California as well as the Pacific island territories and states of Hawaii, American Samoa, Micronesia, Palau, Guam and the Northern Marianas Islands.
- Kmart is a large retail company that operates more than 3,400 stores in all regions of the United States, as well as Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands.
- DivorceRecordsUSA.com provides copies of records from the United States, as well as Guam, Northern Mariana, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
- Jasmine Trias has had some success in the US charts, but has found most of her popularity in the Phillipines and Guam.
- Above the sea-level, while the Nero Deep near Guam sinks to 31,600 ft.