gold minegold mine
- a mine from which gold ore is obtained
- Informal a source of something very valuable or profitable
A rich or plentiful source of something desired.
(plural gold mines)
- A mine for gold ore or metal.
- South Africa has many goldmines.
- (idiomatic) A very profitable economic venture.
- This oil deposit is a regular gold mine. We make more and more money every year!
- (idiomatic) A plentiful stockpile of something sought after.
- The Smithsonian Institute is a goldmine of knowledge, but like most mines, you have to dig for the good stuff.