- any round, ball-shaped thing; sphere; specif.,
- the earth
- a spherical model of the earth showing the continents, seas, etc.
- a similar model of the heavens, showing the constellations, etc.
- anything shaped somewhat like a globe; specif.,
- a round glass container, as for goldfish
- a rounded glass cover for a lamp
- a small, golden ball used as a symbol of authority
ME < L globus, a ball: for IE base see climb
transitive verb, intransitive verb globed, globing
to form or gather into a globe