transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
- to make German or like the Germans in thought, language, etc.
- Archaic to translate into German
to adopt German methods, attitudes, etc.
tr. & intr.v.Ger·man·ized, Ger·man·iz·ing, Ger·man·iz·es
To make or become German in form, idiom, style, or character.
(third-person singular simple present Germanizes, present participle Germanizing, simple past and past participle Germanized)
- To give a German character to (something).
- to Germanize a province, a language, or a society
- (intransitive) To adopt German customs or culture.
German + -ize