- of or obtained from milk; lactic
- Astron. of or pertaining to the Milky Way or some other galaxy
Origin: Gr galaktikos, milky from gala (gen. galaktos), milk from Indo-European base an unverified form glak- from source Classical Latin lac, milk
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to a galaxy, especially the Milky Way.
- Of enormous size; immense.
- Of, relating to, or causing the secretion of milk.
galactic - Medical Definition
- Relating to milk.
- Promoting the flow of milk.