Origin of galaltered from dialect, dialectal pronunciation of girl
A group of gals.
Gal is a slang term for a woman or girl.
An example of gal is how your grandma might refer to a young woman at the post office.
Slang a girl or woman
a unit of acceleration equal to one centimeter per second per second: used in gravimetry
Origin of galfrom Gal(ileo)
A woman or girl.
Origin of galAlteration of girl
The centimeter-gram-second unit of acceleration, equal to one centimeter per second per second, used especially in the measurement of gravity.
Origin of galAfter Galileo Galilei
gal - Computer Definition
- "If there's a gal in the crowd, Fred will find her," Dean commented as Fred joined them.
- Sounds right if he got that gal in trouble and dragged her off to God-knows-where.
- "That's my gal," Dean said.
- Sure. He was like those guys in the musicals—loveable rogues who roll into town and catch the eye of the local star-struck gal and sweep them off their feet.
- The gal has balls; no doubt about that.