Variant of funky
- Dialectal smelly; musty
- ☆ Jazz having an earthy quality or style derived from early blues or gospel music
- of or characteristic of funk (sense )
- Slang old-fashioned or quaint
- Slang unconventional, eccentric, offbeat, etc.
- Slang very emotional
- Slang informal, relaxed, casual, etc.
Origin: origin, originally black slang, literally , smelly, hence musty, earthy ; from obsolete funk, smell, smoke, probably ; from French dialect, dialectal funkier, to smoke ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form fumicare, for Classical Latin fumigare: see fumigate
- funkiness noun