- Footage is defined as the length as measured in feet, or a length of film or videotape.
- When a home has 5000 square feet, this is an example of the square footage of the house.
- When a director films the opening scene of a movie, this film is an example of footage.
footage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ the length expressed in feet: said esp. of portions of film
- a length of film that has been shot
Origin: foot plush -age
footage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Length, extent, or amount based on measurement in feet: estimated the square footage of new office space.
- a. An amount or length of film or videotape.b. A shot or series of shots of a specified nature or subject: news footage of the royal wedding.