- Footage is defined as the length as measured in feet, or a length of film or videotape.
- When a home has 5000 square feet, this is an example of the square footage of the house.
- When a director films the opening scene of a movie, this film is an example of footage.
- ☆ the length expressed in feet: said esp. of portions of film
- a length of film that has been shot
Origin of footagefoot + -age
- Length, extent, or amount based on measurement in feet: estimated the square footage of new office space.
- Recorded film or video, especially of a specified nature or subject: news footage; detailed footage of the royal wedding.
(countable and uncountable, plural footages)
foot + -age (foot as a unit of length)