- loose and streaming, as if blown by the wind
- fine and unmanageable: said of human hair
- ready for flight
- Made or worn loose or draped, as to allow or suggest fluttering in the wind: a flyaway coat.
- a. Prepared for immediate flight: a plane in flyaway condition.b. Designed for air travel: flyaway bags.
- Given to frivolity; flighty.
- An aerial gymnastic move performed on the parallel bars, rings, or other apparatus, especially a flying dismount with a somersault.
- flyaways Strands of hair that stand out unmanageably from the head.
- (of hair) Soft, light, unruly, and difficult to set into a style.