The Great White shark is a finned creature.
having a fin or fins
Having a fin, fins, or finlike parts. Often used in combination: single-finned; multifinned.
- Having fins.
Variant of fin
- any of several winglike, membranous organs on the body of a fish, dolphin, etc., used in swimming, turning, and balancing
- anything like a fin in shape or use; specif.,
- any narrow edge or ridge formed in manufacturing, as on a casting by metal forced through the halves of the mold
- any vertical airfoil, fixed or movable, whose chief function is to give stability in flight
- a stabilizing or steering projection on boats or submarines
- Slang a hand or arm
Origin of finMiddle English ; from Old English finn, akin to Dutch vin, German finne ; from Indo-European an unverified form (s)pina-, point ; from base an unverified form (s)p(h)ei-, pointed stick from source spit, spike
to move the fins, esp. in a violent way