fetishism definition by Webster's New World
- worship of or belief in fetishes
- Psychiatry an abnormal condition in which erotic feelings are excited by a nonsexual object, as a foot, glove, etc.
Origin: French fétichisme
Also sp. fetichism
fetishism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Worship of or belief in magical fetishes.
- Excessive attachment or regard.
- The displacement of sexual arousal or gratification to a fetish.
- fetˈish·ist noun
- fetˌish·isˈtic adjective
- fetˌish·isˈti·cal·ly adverb
fetishism - Medical Definition
The act of using a fetish for sexual arousal and gratification.