- worship of or belief in fetishes
- Psychiatry an abnormal condition in which erotic feelings are excited by a nonsexual object, as a foot, glove, etc.
Origin of fetishismFrench fétichisme
Also sp. fetichism
- Worship of or belief in magical fetishes.
- Excessive attachment or regard.
- The displacement of sexual arousal or gratification to a fetish.
(countable and uncountable, plural fetishisms)
- the belief that natural objects have supernatural powers, or that something created by people has power over people.
- a form of paraphilia where the object of attraction is an inanimate object or a part of a person's body.