- The definition of extracurricular is an activity that isn't required or is not a normal part of a course of study or work.
- An example of an extracurricular activity is high school cheerleading.
- An example of an extracurricular activity is a secretary taking her boss' kids to the zoo.
Cheerleading is an extracurricular activity.
extracurricular definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- not part of the required curriculum; outside the regular course of study but under the supervision of the school: dramatics, athletics, and other extracurricular activities
- not part of one's regular work, routine, etc.
- Informal extramarital
extracurricular definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Being outside the regular curriculum of a school or college: Sports and drama are the school's most popular extracurricular activities.
- Being outside the usual duties of a job or profession: The attorney's work for the legal aid society was extracurricular.
- Informal Extramarital.