Cheerleading is an extracurricular activity.
- An example of an extracurricular activity is high school cheerleading.
- An example of an extracurricular activity is a secretary taking her boss' kids to the zoo.
- not part of the required curriculum; outside the regular course of study but under the supervision of the school: dramatics, athletics, and other extracurricular activities
- not part of the normal, or one's regular, work, routine, etc.: often humorous or ironic: a husband's extracurricular liaisons
- Being outside the regular curriculum of a school or college: Sports and drama are the school's most popular extracurricular activities.
- Being outside the usual duties of a job or profession: The attorney's work for the legal aid society was extracurricular.
- Informal Extramarital.
(comparative more extracurricular, superlative most extracurricular)
- (education) An activity outside the normal academic curriculum.
- (informal) An activity beyond official duties of a job or profession.
- (informal) An extramarital affair.