- Exploitation is defined as the act of using resources or the act of treating people unfairly in order to benefit from their efforts or labor.
- Making use of natural resources to build a city is an example of the exploitation of those resources.
- Taking advantage of someone's need for a job and paying them only pennies to perform work so you can get rich is an example of exploitation.
an exploiting or being exploited (in various senses)
- The act of employing to the greatest possible advantage: exploitation of copper deposits.
- Utilization of another person or group for selfish purposes: exploitation of unwary consumers.
- An advertising or publicity program.
- The act of exploiting or utilizing.