- Making use of natural resources to build a city is an example of the exploitation of those resources.
- Taking advantage of someone's need for a job and paying them only pennies to perform work so you can get rich is an example of exploitation.
Exploitation is defined as the act of using resources or the act of treating people unfairly in order to benefit from their efforts or labor.
an exploiting or being exploited (in various senses)
- The act of employing to the greatest possible advantage: exploitation of copper deposits.
- Utilization of another person or group for selfish purposes: exploitation of unwary consumers.
- An advertising or publicity program.