Variant of exclusive
- excluding or tending to exclude all others; shutting out other considerations, happenings, existences, etc.: an exclusive interest in sports
- excluding all but what is specified: “only” is an exclusive particle
- given or belonging to no other; not shared or divided; sole: an exclusive right to sell something
- excluding certain people or groups, as for social or economic reasons: an exclusive club
- snobbish; undemocratic
- dealing only in costly items: an exclusive shop
- being the only one of its kind: an exclusive dress
Origin: ML exclusivus < L exclusus, pp. of excludere: see exclude
- a news item, feature, etc. printed or broadcast by only one newspaper, station, etc.
- an exclusive right, as to the sale of something
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.