- Euphony is defined as a pleasing or enjoyable sound, or a combination of pleasant sounds and words.
- An example of euphony is lullaby music.
- An example of euphony is a beautiful singing voice.
- An example of euphony is a talented string quartet.
- the quality of having a pleasing sound
- pleasant combination of agreeable sounds in spoken words
- such a combination of words
Origin of euphonyFrench euphonie ; from Late Latin euphonia ; from Classical Greek euphōnia ; from euphōnos, sweet-voiced, musical ; from eu- (see eu-) + phōnē, voice: see phone
Agreeable sound, especially in the phonetic quality of words.
Origin of euphonyFrench euphonie, from Late Latin euphōnia, from Greek euphōniā, from euphōnos, sweet-voiced : eu-, eu- + phōnē, sound; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.
- A pronunciation of letters and syllables which is pleasing to the ear.
- Good phonetic quality of certain words.
- When I hear you speak, I hear beautiful euphony.