- Euphony is defined as a pleasing or enjoyable sound, or a combination of pleasant sounds and words.
- An example of euphony is lullaby music.
- An example of euphony is a beautiful singing voice.
- An example of euphony is a talented string quartet.
- the quality of having a pleasing sound
- pleasant combination of agreeable sounds in spoken words
- such a combination of words
Origin: French euphonie ; from Late Latin euphonia ; from Classical Greek euphōnia ; from euphōnos, sweet-voiced, musical ; from eu- (see eu-) plush phōnē, voice: see phone
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. eu·pho·nies
Origin: French euphonie, from Late Latin euphōnia, from Greek euphōniā, from euphōnos, sweet-voiced : eu-, eu- + phōnē, sound; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.
- eu·phonˈic adjective
- eu·phonˈi·cal·ly adverb