- An example of euphony is lullaby music.
- An example of euphony is a beautiful singing voice.
- An example of euphony is a talented string quartet.
Euphony is defined as a pleasing or enjoyable sound, or a combination of pleasant sounds and words.
- the quality of having a pleasing sound
- pleasant combination of agreeable sounds in spoken words
- such a combination of words
Origin of euphonyFrench euphonie ; from Late Latin euphonia ; from Classical Greek euph?nia ; from euph?nos, sweet-voiced, musical ; from eu- (see eu-) + ph?n?, voice: see phone
Agreeable sound, especially in the phonetic quality of words.
Origin of euphonyFrench euphonie, from Late Latin euphōnia, from Greek euphōniā, from euphōnos, sweet-voiced : eu-, eu- + phōnē, sound; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.
eu- (“good”) + -phony, from Middle French euphonie, from Late Latin euphonia, from Ancient Greek εὐφωνία (euphōnia), from εὔφωνος (euphōnos).