equilateral[ē′kwi lat′ər əl]
having all sides equal: an equilateral triangle
Origin of equilateralLate Latin aequilateralis ; from Classical Latin aequus (see equal) + latus, side: see lateral
- a figure having equal sides
- a side exactly equal to another or others
Having all sides or faces equal.
- A side exactly equal to others.
- A geometric figure having all sides equal.
- (geometry) Referring to a polygon all of whose sides are of equal length. Not necessarily a regular polygon since the angles can still differ (a regular polygon would also be equiangular).
- An equilateral triangle