equilateral[ē′kwi lat′ər əl]
Origin: LL aequilateralis < L aequus (see equal) + latus, side: see lateral
- a figure having equal sides
- a side exactly equal to another or others
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A side exactly equal to others.
- A geometric figure having all sides equal.
- eˌqui·latˈer·al·ly adverb
equilateral - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.