- The definition of an entitlement is something to which you have a right.
- An example of an entitlement is a government program that provides benefits to a person such as Medicare.
- An example of entitlement is the opportunity to enjoy the use of property you own, free of unwarranted intrusion.
- the condition or state of being entitled
- something to which a person is entitled; specif., any of various benefits provided to qualifying persons under certain government programs, as Medicare
- The act or process of entitling.
- The state of being entitled.
- A government program that guarantees and provides benefits to a particular group: “fights &ellipsis; to preserve victories won a generation ago, like the Medicaid entitlement for the poor” (Jason DeParle).
entitlement - Legal Definition
A benefit that must be granted to anyone who meets the criteria for receiving it.