- the hard, brittle outer covering of an egg of a reptile, bird, or monotreme
- yellowish white
- fragile and thin, like eggshell
walk on eggshells
to behave in an esp. wary manner, as from fear of reprisal or of a harsh reaction
- The thin, often brittle exterior covering of the egg of a bird or reptile.
- A pale yellow to yellowish white.
- A kind of paint that dries to a finish having very little shine.
(comparative more eggshell, superlative most eggshell)
- Of a pale yellowish-whitish colour, like that of the eggshell.
- Exhibiting the thinness, translucency or near-transparency, and fragility of an eggshell; as in eggshell porcelain.