A disaster that affects organisms and how they relate to each other and the environment is an example of something that would be described as an ecological disaster.
(comparative more ecological, superlative most ecological)
ecology + -ical
- From the phytogeographical standpoint, ecology is frequently termed ecological plant geography.
- In a general way, floristic plant geography is concerned with species, ecological plant geography with vegetation.
- Ecological Classes.Many attempts have been made to divide plants and plant communities into classes depending on habitat factors.
- The above classification by Warming, although it was without doubt the best ecological classification which had, at the time, been put forward, has not escaped criticism.
- Md difficult to regard coniferous forests as a natural ecological group. At much higher altitudes, in the south-west of the Mediterranean region, forests occur of the Atlantic cedar (Cedrus atlantica).