designating or of goods on which no duty or tax must be paid, or a shop selling such goods
with no payment of a duty or tax required
- Exempt from customs duties: duty-free merchandise.
- Of, relating to, or being a region or establishment in which imported goods are exempt from customs duties: a duty-free port; a duty-free shop.
- Alternative spelling of duty-free.
- exempt from duty, especially from customs duty
- of or pertaining to such goods
- A duty-free article, especially part of the allowance of such goods allowed to be imported.
- We brought back so much duty-free we could hardly walk.
- A shop where duty-free goods can be bought.
- Have you been to Melbourne airport's duty-free?
- Also plan on leaving extra room in your luggage to bring home exotic rums, flavored vodka, and other liquor that cannot be purchased in the United States, as well as familiar brands at the duty-free prices offered on board.
- The island is much more fast-paced and sophisticated than most other Caribbean destinations, with great duty-free shopping and a vibrant culture unparalleled on any other island.
- On a luxury cruise, you might enjoy such activities as snorkeling, art auctions or sightseeing and duty-free shopping.
- Snoop and crew were accused of "violent disorder and affray", which included allegedly vandalizing a duty-free shop.
- Naturally, Carnival cruise ships all feature fitness facilities, on board spas, casinos, and duty-free shops.