designating or of goods on which no duty or tax must be paid, or a shop selling such goods
with no payment of a duty or tax required
- Exempt from customs duties: duty-free merchandise.
- Of, relating to, or being a region or establishment in which imported goods are exempt from customs duties: a duty-free port; a duty-free shop.
- Alternative spelling of duty-free.
- exempt from duty, especially from customs duty
- of or pertaining to such goods
- A duty-free article, especially part of the allowance of such goods allowed to be imported.
- We brought back so much duty-free we could hardly walk.
- A shop where duty-free goods can be bought.
- Have you been to Melbourne airport's duty-free?