- The definition of a dropper is a person or thing that drops or a tube with a small opening at one end and a rubber bulb at the other used to measure liquid in drops.
- An example of a dropper is a waitress who keeps losing plates from her tray.
- An example of a dropper is a tool used to give eye drops.
Liquid being dispensed from a dropper.
- a person or thing that drops
- ☆ a small glass or plastic tube usually capped by a hollow rubber bulb at one end, used to measure out a liquid in drops
- A utensil for dispensing a single drop of liquid at a time.
- One who drops something, especially one who drops a specific item to cause mischief.
- The dropper left the suitcase with the bomb next to the garbage can.
- (computing) A software component designed to install malware on a target system.
- (fishing) A fly that drops from the leaden above the bob or end fly.
- (mining) A branch vein which drops off from, or leaves, the main lode.
- A dog which suddenly drops upon the ground when it sights game.
drop + -er
dropper - Computer Definition
A Trojan horse that adversely affected Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows ME. It was discovered on February 2, 2000, and was so named because it “dropped” Trojan horses or back door Trojans onto infected computers.
Symantec Security Response. Trojan Dropper. [Online, February 7, 2000.] Symantec Security Response Website. http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ pf/trojan.dropper.html.