Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a net dragged along the bottom of a river, lake, etc. for catching fish
- a net for catching small game
- ☆ an organized system or network for gathering in or catching criminals or others wanted by the authorities
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A system of coordinated procedures for apprehending criminal suspects or other wanted persons.
- a. A net for trawling; a trawl.b. A net for catching small game.