- a net dragged along the bottom of a river, lake, etc. for catching fish
- a net for catching small game
- an organized system or network for gathering in or catching criminals or others wanted by the authorities
- A system of coordinated procedures for apprehending criminal suspects or other wanted persons.
- a. A net for trawling; a trawl.b. A net for catching small game.
- A net dragged across the bottom of a body of water.
- Heightened efforts by law-enforcement personnel to capture suspects.
(third-person singular simple present dragnets, present participle dragnetting, simple past and past participle dragnetted)
- To make heightened efforts to catch a suspect.