disciplinary[dis′ə pli ner′ē; Brit dis′i plin′ə ri]
- of or having to do with discipline
- that enforces discipline by punishing or correcting
- Of, relating to, or used for discipline: disciplinary training; disciplinary measures.
- Of or relating to a specific field of academic study.
(comparative more disciplinary, superlative most disciplinary)
- Having to do with discipline, or with the imposition of discipline.
- Debt can motivate or act as a disciplinary force for executives to achieve organizational efficiency.
- For the purpose of imposing punishment.
- The school has announced that it will take disciplinary measures against the students who participated in the protest activities.
- Of or relating to an academic field of study.
- We hope that psychologists will applaud good studies of scientific behavior and thought regardless of the disciplinary specialty of the author.