- of or having to do with discipline
- that enforces discipline by punishing or correcting
- Of, relating to, or used for discipline: disciplinary training; disciplinary measures.
- Of or relating to a specific field of academic study.
(comparative more disciplinary, superlative most disciplinary)
- Having to do with discipline, or with the imposition of discipline.
- Debt can motivate or act as a disciplinary force for executives to achieve organizational efficiency.
- For the purpose of imposing punishment.
- The school has announced that it will take disciplinary measures against the students who participated in the protest activities.
- Of or relating to an academic field of study.
- We hope that psychologists will applaud good studies of scientific behavior and thought regardless of the disciplinary specialty of the author.
From Vulgar Latin disciplinarius, from Latin disciplina (“instruction, teaching, field of study, habit”)