terrible, dreadful: dinosaur
Origin of dino-from Classical Greek deinos, terrible: see dire
- (US, politics) Democrat In Name Only — a member of the US Democratic Party, whose views are more closely related to the Republican Party than the majority of the vocal Democrat political figures.
- (real estate) Developer In Name Only — a humorous term to describe a real estate development company or individual who is still active, but who does not have any developments underway due to a downturn in the market or in the economy in general.
- A male given name
From the Italian Dino
- The Forresters also share many grandchildren including Thomas, Phoebe and Stephanie (Ridge's children), Alexandria (Thorne's daughter), Dino (Felicia's son) and Zende (Kristen's son).
- Whether you decide to go with a fun cartoon print dinosaur or a more realistic dino style for your toddler's bedding, there's no denying the fun feel of this prehistoric pattern.
- In 1987, Orlando (Orrie) Velasques and drummer Dino Duncan started a high school jam band, and students at Harlandale ISD started to take notice.
- If you have a dino fan in your house, take advantage of the opportunity to encourage his growth and interest in a topic that is truly legendary.
- The giant ape has never had a decent big screen treatment in modern movie history (as Dino DeLaurentis' 1976 debacle hardly counts) until now.